LONDON and SOUTH EAST ENGLAND SOLICITOR and BARRISTER CRIMINAL LAW PRACTITIONER UPDATE COURSE – SPRING 2014
FRIDAY 16 MAY 2014
7 hour CPD points SRA and BSB accredited one day legal update lecture course and crime conference
7 HOURS CPD POINTS – FULL DAY TRAINING FOR ONLY £50
Following the immense success of our first ever Crime Conference in October 2013 we produced our second unbelievably good value conference at the very central and fabulously well equipped luxurious and slick Bloomsbury Theatre in London
SPEAKERS AND TOPICS
- Police Station Advice and impact on proceedings(Peter Rowlands. Di Middleton. Carol Hawley)
- Case Management preparation; pre and post-trial hearings. Do’s and Dont’s. To include Drafting DCSs to trigger disclosure; Drafting Bases of plea; Newton Hearings(Peter Rowlands. Di Middleton. Carol Hawley)
- Crown Court trials from the litigators and the advocates’ perspective(Piers Mostyn + guest)
- Appeals and Judicial Review Do’s and Dont’s(David Emanuel, Tom Wainwright and Maya Sikand)
- Sentencing Update(Sam Parham + Catherine Oborne)
- Unity within the Profession(Michael Turner QC + Paul Harris)
- Closing address
This essential tactics and strategy based course offered up to the minute out in the field observations and authorities from London’s most experienced civil liberties and human rights motivated criminal defence barristers at Garden Court chambers and Paul Harris, senior partner at Edward Fail Bradshaw and Waterson, past president of the London Criminal Courts Solicitor’s Association.
The course covered vital skills at all practitioner levels for those who defend, from the inception to the completion of a criminal case.
This course was aimed at Solicitors, Barristers and all associated professionals in the industry including paralegals, police station reps, trainee solicitors, pupil barristers, solicitors, managers, partners, sole practitioners, HCA’s, Counsel, LPC and BVC students, QC’s ,heads of chambers and those in the office or chambers who support court advocates and would benefit from understanding a bit more of what happens in the criminal case outside the office.
We finished with a session on the ever growing unity within the profession in our fight against the proposed and radical government cuts which we titled “Unity within the Profession”.
UNITY WITHIN THE PROFESSION
Thanks go for our closing address to Michael Turner QC, previous and celebrated chair of the CBA who was joined by Solicitor comrade Paul Harris who is a Partner at Edward Fail Bradshaw and Waterson Solicitors and is past president of the London Criminal Courts Solicitors Association.
This discussion called for all Solicitors to support our colleagues at the Bar and for the Bar to support the Solicitor’s branch of the profession.
With sincere thanks to Paul Harris at Edward Fail Bradshaw and Waterson for speaking at the conference and to Dafna Spiro and Ben Walker for working so hard with us to achieve this great event. Thanks are also due to the Garden Court Chambers crime team members below who delivered the lectures on the day.
Also, this organisation has a track record of donating to London based homeless charities following our social functions *(see archive) and this event gave a £1000 donation to St Mungos street living homeless outreach team on the day.
Read reviews of this event here;
- “Incredibly imaginative and one of best CPD conferences I have attended”. Rachel Ottley.HCA.Taylor Street
- “Very insightful and interesting conference. Good lectures ,easy to find” Gifty Barning.ABA Law
- “The interactive sessions are very useful and assist in focussing peoples’ minds” Shiraz Azuz Barrister G.C
- “Extremely good. Thank you for an extremely useful knowledge sharing seminar” Mona Marashi.Abbey Legal
- “Well organised. Well worth it for the amount of course fees. Good work”. V.Sathananthan.Satha and Co
- “Good value for money and well worth attending” Chris Oswald.HCA
- “A full days CPD at this cost is fantastic” Geoff Wise. Solicitor Director. In your defence Ltd
- “Brilliant. Fantastic” Sadique Alhakeem. Solicitor. Jung and Co
- “Enlightening!” Iqbal Ahmed. Partner Ahmed and Co
- “Good Price” Ben Holden. Lansbury worthington
- “Great Price” Andrew Storch. Andrew Storch and Co
- “First Class day” John Reilly Head of chambers.CHL Chambers
- “Very useful day” Nigel Riley HCA. Ewings and Co
- “Excellent event”. Phillip Longs. Solicitor. David Cowan
- “A really good day” Eddie Preston. Senior Partner. EFBW
- “Excellent Conference” Michael Turner QC
- “More like these please…” Harsha Shah.Consultant. Mcmillan Williams
- “Exceptional value. £50 well spent” N Mehta.Partner. Mckenzie and Co
- “This is one of the best conferences I have ever been to” Shilla Keshvari.Partner. EFBW
- “Very worthwhile. Thank you. I look forward to seeing you all in October” Gerard Hall. Hetheringtons
- “Excellent. 7 CPD points at reasonable costs. Content and delivery excellent. Well done for organising it. Hope you do more” Shammy Batra. Jung and Co
- “Really generous of Garden Court and CLFS to produce and facilitate this training day. Range of topics excellent. Presentation very good. I would definitely attend a future event” Kath Jatter. Solicitor. GT Stewart