A Robust Defence Practitioner Update
7CPD / 7 CCC ONLY £75
Manchester Conference Centre
FRIDAY 6 May 2016
7CPD hours and 7 CCC hours of the new Continuing Competence Courses and 6CPD Hours accreditted by the BSB
HIGH SPEC – HIGH CALIBRE – UNBEATABLE VALUE
DYNAMIC – BRILLIANT – MODERN – FACE TO FACE – CUTTING EDGE – UNCENSORED
Ann Cotcher QC addressed the conference on “Mud Sticks-Anonymity for defendants in sexual allegations”.
Nina Grahame (GCN) covered the new essential Joint Enterprise law flowing from the case of Joggee.
Matthew Stanbury (GCN) presented a practical guide to Criminal Appeals updates.
Nicky Hall HCA of Clifford Johnston solicitors updated us on New Legislation and we are grateful to Nicky and Nina for addressing us on “The Triumphant Win!”, the two tier contract victory and what’s next regarding the future of our industry.
Forensic Equity presented on Challenges to Prosecution Evidence with their senior scientists team.
- Welcome – Steve Kennedy. Duty Solicitor. CLFS
- Introduction – Garden Court North Chambers
- Joint Enterprise – Nina Grahame. GCN
- Defendant Anonymity in Sex Cases – Ann Cotcher QC (Door Tenant GCN)
- Forensics – “Two Sides to Every Coin. How to turn it over when the prosecution think they have won the call”. Pathology, Biology, Chemistry, Road Traffic+Ballistics – Robert Elliott, John Kennedy (from Forensic Equity)
- Criminal Appeals – Matthew Stanbury. GCN
- Legislation Update– Nicky Hall. HCA. Clifford Johnston
- Unity “The Win” – Nicky Hall HCA Clifford Johnston with Nina Grahame GCN. The triumphant win against the MOJ two tiered contract system and what’s next?
- Organised and delivered by the best solicitors and barristers in the business
- Coded personalised attendance certificates for new SRA CPD compliance
- Rapid transport links across London and the UK
- Premium calibre content and delivery
- Advance PDF of course notes with printed course pack on arrival
- Fast check in. Early get out. Comfortable all day seating
- Air con and full audio visual support team
- tea, coffee, biscuits, WIFI
“This is by far the best criminal lecture I have attended”, Mike Gibbons Litigaid Law
“Exceptional value”, N Mehta.Partner. Mckenzie and Co
“Excellent Conference”, Michael Turner QC. Garden Court
“Fabulous lectures”, Fay Goodship Wells Burcombe
“Incredibly imaginative and one of best CPD conferences I have attended”, Rachel Ottley. HCA. Taylor Street
Our Spring conferences gave free tickets to 30 trainees and donated £1250 to our friends at the street living homeless charity, St Mungos, £250 to the Legal Action Group and £100 to the Access to Justice Proof Magazine who we continue to support